BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Gaia Layouts »

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Birthdays

I love to celebrate birthdays!  In our house we celebrate with a "Birthday Week".  The kids get to pick the menu for the week (with a few guidelines, of course) and can choose one meal to eat out.  Each day they also get little surprises left in their chair at the table.  Nothing big, just some small trinket that they may have asked for over the past few months.  They really enjoy the extra little attention they get during the week.  This drives my husband nuts!  He just doesn't see the point in letting them celebrate for an entire week.  I think this must be a "man thing" because it makes perfect sense to me!!!  I mean, I would love to vacation celebrate for a week when my birthday arrives.  Oh the things I would put on my list of "trinkets"!!!  Anyway, back to reality.  My dear friend's birthday is tomorrow and I am trying to decide what Divalicious dessert I should make her to kick off her Week of Celebration....

  • Chocolate cupcakes with Peanut Butter frosting
  • English Toffee
  • Homemade Marshmallows covered in Fudge
  • Cake Balls (I love to make the Pops but let's face it, the balls are easier and less time consuming!)
  • Devil's Food cupcakes with a Chocolate Glaze
The choices are endless since she LOVES chocolate!  I better get in the kitchen and get inspired by my cookbook!!!  I'll be back later with a few photos of the Divalicious Sweets that will be heading out for the Birthday Girl!!

0 comments: